Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 21 Jan 2023 14:48:27 GMT by KEVIN HENDLEY
Hi, I am a care worker doing rounds. My employer provides a (company) car solely for doing the rounds - I collect car from employer at start of shift and return at end of shift. The car is not for personal use. My employer deducts 'car insurance' from my monthly salary, reducing my Nett pay. When I complete my S.A. can I claim tax relief on this work-related expense deduction? If so, how should I claim on my S.A. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 13:54:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

On SA102, the expense would be entered in box 17 "Business travel and subsistence expenses". 

If completing an online return, this expense would be shown in the employment section. 

Please select yes to the question on claiming expenses and entering the expense in the box "Business travel and subsistence expenses".

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.