Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:22:12 GMT by Clare Hussey
Hi, my partner is going to be working in Cyprus for four months this summer. He's in the building trade, and will be there as part of wider building improvements on an MOD base. Between him and his employer there is a lot of confusion around how the daily subsistence expenses work. I have tried looking on the HMRC GOV.UK pages 'Expenses rates for employees travelling outside the UK', but that was not very clear. Neither was the 'Employment income manual' that I came across. It had examples, but none more than a few nights (not 4 months). It would be helpful to understand if he will he need to submit receipts to show what has been spent on food, or fuel?
Posted Tue, 15 Mar 2022 09:20:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

His employer may wish to speak to our employers helpline regarding this.

General guidance however on permanent and temporary workplaces can be found here:

Employment Income Manual  and :

EIM31837 - Travel expenses     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.