Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:28:13 GMT by AdamStudent
In October, I bought goods from my Chinese contractor to be delivered to the UK and to Poland. 26/10/2022 I received an invoice from my contractor for the purchased goods, but the data on it were incorrect. The quantity and value of the entire shipment required correction. Therefore, I asked the contractor to draw up a correcting invoice. Question: In the case of contact with the Customs Office, should I present both documents (a correcting invoice and the original invoice that was issued incorrectly) or only a correcting invoice?
Posted Wed, 30 Nov 2022 19:16:42 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi AdamStudent In the UK understated import duty is reported as a voluntary disclosure on a form C2001 “Apply for a voluntary clearance amendment ( underpayment)” You usually need to provide all the documents requested which will be depending on the reason for underpayment. It is likely that both invoices will be needed.
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 13:45:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 with your query or email
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 16:46:36 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi HMRC Admin 10 I’m curious that you are providing uk mail address for general customs enquiries. As I understood it the address is to report technical issues with the submissions to CDS only. Can this address now be used for general enquiries.?
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 15:23:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

The Customs and International trade helpline should be the first general advise.

CDS email box should be used for queries related to a declaration .

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.