Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 08:44:54 GMT by Ronald Yap
Hi, Looking on the HMRC website, it would seem that the deadline for applying to register under PSA is 5th July and the payment is due in the subsequent October. But it does not really mention the submission date for the actual return? My manager was under the impression that we needed to submit the return for the 5th July and then pay in October. But not sure this is the case anymore. Can anyone clarify? Thanks
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 13:46:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
You should submit by 5th July, pay by 5th October.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2023 18:03:16 GMT by
Hi, Once you apply, HMRC will send you 2 draft copies of your agreement, which will show the date you should submit the calculation to HMRC (usually via your gateway account). They will ask you to sign and return the forms, which should ideally be done before 6 July following the end of the first tax year to which the PSA applies. The deadline to provide the calculation on a PSA1is normally 31st July or 31st August, but as far as I have understood and HMRC could you please verify this, this is a non-statutory deadline, which means that you will not initially get penalised for not submitting calculations by this date. However, the figures must be provided to HMRC by the payment due date (19th or by 22nd if electronic) or the absolute cut off for submitting calculations would be 31st October, otherwise the PSA is treated as invalid and HMRC would instead expect the benefits to have been declared on the P11Ds. Consequently, there may be penalties to be expected. Further guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/paye-settlement-agreements/psa2040 @HMRC, could you please verify the above?
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 11:24:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Ahmed Khalid
Unfortunately, we are unable to answer this question via the forum.
Please contact the PSA team on 0300 322 7077.
They will be able to confirm the filing deadlines and when PSA penalties are appropriate. 
Thankyou.
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 16:24:58 GMT by
Hi, thank you, For your reference, I have spoken to the PSA team and they have confirmed the information I posted above. It is probably best to give them a quick call and add a note on the account if someone is going to be late.
Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 17:55:51 GMT by
On the PSA topic, is anyone able to clarify the position with regard to overtime meals (this used to be classed as "late night working" under particular benefits and included taxis home and evening meals). Back then the earliest an evening meal could be provided was 8pm after working a full day. The closest guidance I can find is EIM05232 but that seems to have been superseded by EIM30200, which does not mention any time limits and seems to relate to travel rather than meals at work. We want to get the tax payable under our PSA right but the guidance is very vague. My questions are: 1. Is there a time after which meals taken in the evening (overtime meals) are exempt from tax? 2. Is there a limit on the amount that can be spent on an overtime meal, if these are provided under the canteen rules (ie available to everyone who is at work during the evening)? 3. Indeed, if food is provided in the evening under the canteen rules, is there a time cut-off at all? Thank you for any guidance you can give.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:13:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Gray Bee,
This query has numerous answer depending on the circumstances.
Please see guidance here if you cannot get an answer please call in for more indepth guidance:
Expenses and benefits: meals for employees and directors
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.