Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 27 Nov 2022 17:31:28 GMT by C Law
Hi, my spouse submitted the marriage allowance application in mid-September so that part of his personal allowance will be transferred to me. I noticed that my personal allowance has not reflected the transfer yet, hence the calculated tax amount (for year 21-22) is overstated. How should I follow up on this? Shall I proceed to submit the self-assessment and pay for the higher tax first, and then follow up separately on the change of personal allowance?
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:47:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Your wife will need to contact our helpline to query the progress of the Marriage Allowance transfer.

Once this is in place we will amend your return to include it once submitted.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.