Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 07:42:13 GMT by chiprobot
I am permanently living outside of the UK. Therefore I am unable to use the "Online Self assessment Tax return". I have filed "paper Tax returns" before as I have a UTR number. Question :- Do I simply return a "Paper Tax Return" .? or do I have to request that I send the return.? If I have to request ....can you point me in the right direction. Thank you for you time...
Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 13:51:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You should complete form SA1 first to reactivate your UTR. You can see information here:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 06:18:38 GMT by chiprobot
Hi again, thanks for your input. My UTR is active, do I simply send a paper Tax return ?
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 08:27:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

That's correct.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.