Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2023 07:39:22 GMT by questionk
Hi, I already have a UTR from previous work, but I deactivated it years ago after stopping this work. I am now starting a new business and need to reregister as self employed with my business name. I completed the CWF1 form for my UTR but have not received any confirmation by email or see anything different in my account. How will I know if this has been successful? In addition, I have a Personal Account and a Business Account on different Government Gateways, does it matter which Gateway I was signed in on when I completed the CWF1 form? Lastly, as a sole trader, do I need to set up anything in the Business Tax account or just in Personal Tax? Thank you for your help in advance.
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 13:18:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you have completed Self Assessment online previously, you will only be able to use the login details you used back then to access Self Assessment online.

Once the request has been processed you will receive a letter.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.