Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:44:06 GMT by Sylwia Tomczynska
Hello. Since 2018 I am self employed as Nail Technician. I introduce myself as Sylwia Nails on leaflets, business cards and Facebook account. I would like to try to sell handmade items. Of course, as you guessed, the name Sylwia Nails does not fit this handmade. I would like to use the name Craftlandia when selling handmade. And here the question arises, what should I do to make everything legal. I have read about an sole trader but I do not know if I can be self-employed under the name Sylwia Nails and be an sole trader under the name Craftlandia? What is best to do in such a situation? Please help. Best regards.
Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 09:48:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can be a sole trader for 2 separate trades so you can use one under your name and the other under Craftlandia.

You will need to keep separate accounts for income and expenses and record each under a separate self employment section on the return. 

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:20:02 GMT by Sylwia Tomczynska
Do i need to fill any documents right now? Sorry but i would like to know as much as i can. Best regards.
Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:39:52 GMT by Sylwia Tomczynska
Do I have to complete any documents that I want to create second sole trader? If yes, what documents? I already open second account like i was been advised. Thank you in advance
Posted Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:04:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can update this information when you are next due to complete a Self Assessment return that would income income and
expenses for both of the Self Employments.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.