Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Oct 2022 21:37:57 GMT by Oscar Moreno
Hi, I don't habitually file a tax return as all of my tax is paid at source through PAYE. I would like to claim EIS relief for 2021-2022 tax year, and initially I thought the only way was filling a Self assessment tax return, so I requested to the HMRC the Self Assessment option to be enabled online in my account. Now I realised it might be possible for me to claim Income tax relief by sending the EIS3 form by post to HMRC. Would that be possible for 2021-2022 tax year or that is only for the current tax year (2022-2023). How should I proceed ? Self assessment tax return or EIS3 forms sent by post ? Thanks
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 10:04:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Oscar Moreno,

It depends on the level of investment on which relief is claimed.
If you have invested more than £30,000 to give rise to a refund of £10,000 or more then you need to comlete this in a tax return and also send the EIS3 as evidence.
If it is lower, then it is just the EIS3 than you need to submit.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.