Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 May 2023 10:53:29 GMT by Plau220
Hello, I am a non-UK resident last tax year and got UK rental income, thus I have a UTR last year. I moved to UK and become UK resident for 2022-23 tax year which I need to apply split year treatment. I am also working as a contractor in UK for an overseas company, income in foreign dollars. Do I need to apply a new UTR for self-employed? Understand SA109 is paper form only, can I still do self assessment online and send SA109 in mail? Or everything should be submitted in paper forms?
Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 11:12:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will use the same UTR. The full return needs to be submitted together so you will need to send in paper or purchase 3rd party software to file online.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.