Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 13:58:09 GMT by
I'm looking for advice on how to complete the self assessment to record the fact that I received a repayment of tax from HMRC during a particular tax year. Specifically, a repayment made using form P55 in respect of a flexible access to a pension which was initially taxed at an emergency rate. Is there a box for this, or should I simply record the 'net' amount of tax paid, i.e. original tax deducted minus the repayment figure?
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 15:01:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
On the paper return this is on page 6 box 1, for online it is one of the standard questoins asked after you have tailored your return.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.