Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 16 Jul 2022 19:11:00 GMT by Greg
I am trying to complete my self assessment and I have foreign income that is in dollar currency and is not brought into the UK, how should I account for these funds in my tax return as I do not want to convert the currency to sterling.
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 13:51:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

You still need to declare the income in the UK and it must be in sterling, even if not brought to the UK. Please see:

Tax on foreign income


Exchange rates from HMRC in CSV and XML format

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.