Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 27 May 2023 09:12:27 GMT by NorNor
I am an overseas remote contractor based in Hong Kong. I have done remote contract work at home for a UK consulting company based on an hourly billable basis. They transferred the consulting fee to me in GBP into my local bank account in Hong Kong. I have never visited the UK during this entire period. I am not a tax resident. I do not have any UK home residence. I have never visited the UK for the last 10 years. Is there any UK tax that I need to file or do I only need to file Hong Kong tax and that is it? Thanks for your advice.
Posted Wed, 31 May 2023 14:44:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi NorNor,
As you are not UK resdient and the money has been paid to a Hong Kong account there is no tax return to file or tax to pay.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.