Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 29 Jul 2022 14:04:29 GMT by Mark Ho
Dear HMRC team I moved to the UK on 4 September 2021. I have been receiving monthly pension arising and taxable in H,K. since 2021. Under the double taxation treaty between H.K. and UK, do I need to pay tax on that pension in the U.K for the year 2021/2022 ? Many Thanks
Posted Mon, 01 Aug 2022 10:05:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

The pension is only taxable in Hong Kong so doesnt need to be reported in the UK  .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2022 21:56:55 GMT by Mark Ho
Dear HMRC Team Thank you for your advice. I have another question, that is my pension is saved in my bank account in H.K, if I transfer it to my UK account do I need to state the amount I have transferred when I fill in SA106 ? Many Thanks
Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 09:46:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

It is the amount of foreign pension received that is declared on the supplementary form SA106,

not the amount transferred to the UK.  

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.