Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 13:50:46 GMT by Sakura Anderson
Hello, 2 years ago I sold my mother's home as she had to go into a care home. I used a financial advisor and invested a bulk of the money and the rest I keep as cash to pay for her care. She has made some money from her investments, and I have the power of attorney to manage her accounts. As I am employed I have never had to do a self assessment form tax, but have realised this may be something I need to do on her behalf? She is not a UK resident but does have indefinite leave to remain, and has lived here for 45 years. Can anyone advise?
Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 16:25:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
As she has been here for 45 years, she will be classed as UK tax resident.
Please see guidance at :
Self Assessment tax returns on who needs to file a return.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.