Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:40:24 GMT by
Dear HMRC, I've read the Residence and Remittance HMRC manual. I'm filing on remittance basis for year 2022-23. Can you please advise if the following forms are correct: SA100: Needed. I have UK bank interest (that's the only UK income I have) SA106: No need. I have foreign income (bank interst and dividend), but I did not remit them to UK this tax year SA108: No need. I have foreign capital gain (buy/sells share), but I have not remit the gain to UK. I've no UK capital gain SA109: Needed. To claim non-dom status and therefore remittance basis Thanks
Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2023 14:16:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

That is correct.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:30:19 GMT by mui wong
Dear HMRC, Understand from above I don't need to fill the foregin Capital Gain and/or foreign Interest Income if i don't remit into UK in that year. Assume it all happened in the same account and thus classified as mixed fund, and I remit part of the gain as well as part of the interest into UK in Year 3. I don't claim remittance basis in Year 3. Q1) May I confirm the amount to remit will subject to the respective allowance (ie. CGT allowance and interest income allowance) in Year 3? Q2) is any ordering rule between capital gain and interest income? Q3) which form to fill and tell the gain and income actually in Year 1 but not Year 3? Q4) Can the capital gain +100 in Year 1 be netted off by capital loss -100 in Year 2 (assuming both years using remittance basis and no interest or other income in both years), Any amount remit in UK in Year 3 be deemed as clean capital? Thanks.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.