Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Jun 2022 15:13:14 GMT by John Conley
The UK Govt website can not verify my identity when I attempt to register for a UTR. I have paid local Council taxes in 2 different areas in past year (moved here from U.S.), but still they have no record of me. I can't file without the UTR, and I am denied a UTR by the same Govt. agency I'm trying to pay. I am retired, no UK sources of income, all U.S. sourced income. What is the solution ?
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2022 11:52:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

If you are unable to verify, you will need to complete the fill in, print and post form.

Register for Self Assessment

You can also contact our Self Assessment team.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2022 15:07:27 GMT by John Conley
The link to the form does NOT work. Collection HMRC service availability and issues Find out about downtime and technical issues with HMRC services. I have reported it. But you might want to refrain from using that reference until the website link to SA1 Form is fixed

You must be signed in to post in this forum.