Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Jun 2023 09:56:00 GMT by Yiiu Leung Tang
If it has profit and loss in derivative investment, such as option, future, structural link products, shall it be declared in the Capital Gain Tax category under the self assessment?
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 09:46:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
If its still a dividend payment then no.
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 11:47:39 GMT by Yiiu Leung Tang
Do you mean that I shall declare the profit of derivative investment as dividend income?
Posted Thu, 15 Jun 2023 12:26:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Your original question stated it was dividends. there was no mention of profits. Any profit would be from a sale wich would then come under capital gains.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.