Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 21 Sep 2022 08:44:52 GMT by Nic800
Do i need to complete a SA109? I have retired and moved to Germany , non resident UK tax payer. I have no income (current or in the past) from Germany or any other foreign country. Income is through UK private pensions and UK property rental, paid and taxed in UK, to UK bank account. There is no split year. could you please clarify for me. Thank you
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 13:25:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Nic800, 

The UK rental income needs to be reported to the UK no matter where you are resident.

As you have now moved to Germany, the SA109 is required in order to confirm your residence status and entitlement to UK personal allowances. 

Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 12:43:39 GMT by Nic800
Thank you, Do I have to fill in boxes 18 to 23 as all my tax is dealt with in UK. There is no income in Germany and the tax office only require a copy of my UK tax return. I am not claiming any relief under the double taxation agreement as the only tax is paid in UK thank you for your time
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:42:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You still need to complete boxes 18 and 19 but can leave the other ones empty  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.