Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 11:51:39 GMT by cjmatt
I'm looking for some guidance regarding "Box 82 - Other tax taken off trading income" on the self employment pages. I have reported gross income of self-employment carried on abroad earlier in this form. I am uncertain if this box is asking for only any UK taxes which might have been taken off this trading income (in my case, none), or if I should report the foreign tax I've had taken off the gross income abroad here (as well as reporting it later in the "Foreign" pages). Thanks for any advice.
Posted Thu, 15 Jun 2023 12:28:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Box 82 is for UK tax only. if it is foreign income, you need to complete the SA106 and claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief.

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.