Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Feb 2023 11:31:00 GMT by
Hello, My partner who is of Czech nationality and living there, is trying to log in to HMRC to submit her Self Assessment Tax Return. Which she has done for a number of years with no problem. She previously used the Post Office service to confirm her identity, which I believe is no longer used - and is not able to log in to her account. She has tried both to create a new log in identity confirmation for her existing account, and to create a new HMRC new account - both of which require a UK Passport and other documents that a NON UK citizen and resident does not have. How may she submit her tax return online? Regards
Posted Fri, 03 Feb 2023 14:44:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If she is not able to verify with the Government Gateway, she will need to file a paper tax return.

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.