Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 10:19:34 GMT by Flocon4
Can someone advise me if I must fill in a SA110 Tax Calculation Summary form as part of my paper self assessment? My situation is as follows: I am in the process of filling my self assessment for year 2021-2022. I found out that I cannot fill the self assessment online because I left the UK during that tax year and I qualify for split year treatment. My understanding is that I must fill in the self assessment on paper. To do that, I have completed SA100, SA109 and SA102 forms. I think I overpaid taxes for year 2021-2022. My question is : - should I fill in form SA110 and calculate myself the amount I think I overpaid OR - will HMRC works out my tax position for that year based on the information they will receive from the paper self assessment (SA100, SA109 and SA102) and calculate the amount of overpaid taxes?
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2022 11:56:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

HMRC will automatically calculate the position based on the entries you have put on your tax return and the tax calculation will be based on that.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.