Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:07:10 GMT by peters2003 Anon
Hi, I have been living abroad, and have been a non-UK resident for tax purposes for several years now. As a non resident, I disclose and pay tax on all my UK generated income (salary and dividends) which is paid to me as a Director of my limited company through the SA102 form. However, I have additional professions in the country I am currently residing in, and get paid in Euro into a multi currency account which is based in the UK. I am aware that I do not need to pay tax on my non-UK generated income while living abroad. However I have a few questions regarding your treatment of non-UK income: - do I need to disclose it to HMRC in any way (in the SA102 form for example)? - is the fact that I receive it in a UK based Euro account a problem now or in the future for HMRC; could it raise any red flags and trigger an investigation? Thank you for your help.
Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 10:40:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.