Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 14:23:23 GMT by peekapoo
Hi, I earned dividend income from companies in different countries including, US, China, Japan, Australia, Canada & France. Tax was already deducted in my broker's account when dividends were paid. I understand I can claim the tax credit relief according to the double taxation treaty signed with these countries. However when I filled up the online self-assessment form, I was asked to input the rate of tax credit relief. It's very hard to find this out in the HRMC website. Would you be able to provide me the rate of relief for the above countries for my easy reference? Many thanks!
Posted Tue, 20 Sep 2022 12:10:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Each country's rates are available here:

How Double Taxation Treaties affect non-UK residents with UK income

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 14:35:17 GMT by peekapoo
This is very helpful . Thank you so much!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.