Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:20:32 GMT by Vishal Amin
So I joined a new company in tax year 2022-23. I was given a sign on bonus. We mutually terminated ways in January 2023. It was agreed I was pay them back several thousand pounds. They would then claim back the tax on this they paid, rather than me paying back total with tax. I’m trying to find out where on my self assessment for 2022-23 I would enter this information, to reflect I earned less than my p45 states. Many thanks for your help.
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 14:29:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If the bonus is no longer due, the employer should be updating HMRC with the correct pay and tax figures and providing you with an update of the correct figures.

These would be the figures to enter onto your tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.