Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 May 2023 20:56:05 GMT by Keung C
Hello HMRC staff, My friend would like to submit SA109 in their first self-assessment. And I know we can only choose 3rd party software or paper form for submission. I would like to ask the question as below: 1. After register SA1 online, we will get UTR number by post, if we choose to send paper return by post, do we need to activate our self-assessment account online in HMRC portal (Personal tax account) before we post? Or just send the form by post which included NI and UTR number? 2. We found that the address BX9 1AS is not the actual postcode, we can’t find in royal mail database, could we send this address by using royal mail special delivery with signature? Will someone sign the delivery? 3. If we choose 3rd party software for first submission, will the IRMark (32 characters submitted reference number) and submission date display in HMRC portal (personal tax account)? Thanks for advise.
Posted Fri, 12 May 2023 12:27:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

No, you do not need to activate the online account if you want to post the return.

The post code is correct, HMRC, PAYE & Self Assessment BX9 1AS.

As its 3rd party software, the submission reference may be different from the HMRC one but should still show on your account.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.