Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 13:13:49 GMT by
If someone has no income (on a career break) and only has foreign income coming from share dividends (country of origin: US) with a gross value of £3-4k, do they have to complete a self assessment? I am unsure this falls within the personal allowance; if it does, therefore no tax is payable and a Self Assessment is presumably unnecessary. Can you confirm?
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 14:58:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
As it is foreign income, it still needs to be declared on a tax return.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.