Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 02 May 2023 16:38:45 GMT by Alice Lepage
Hello, I have made a payment for a penalty I appealed for. I made a payment as I did not want to have to pay more for overdue reasons if the appeal was not accepted. I today received a letter confirming the penalty has been cancelled, however there is no mention that I will be refunded for the payment I have made. I tried to call HMRC butthe line is always very busy. Is there another option for me to contact HMRC ? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 08:51:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Alice Lepage,

If you have signed up for the Personal Tax Account you can access Self Assessment from there and if there is a credit available you can claim this as a refund.

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.