Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:42:09 GMT by Lemon
Hello, My husband’s situation below: 1. We moved to UK at 18June 2021. 2. He was self employed and remotely provide IT support for HK company at 25June 2021 til now 3. He had another job in UK started at mid- July( self employed decorator) Question: -Do I need to report his income in Hk before 25 June 2021? - He need to register for personal tax account or business tax account? - Do he need to apply for split year treatment? If yes, how to calculate and report? Thanks a lot!
Posted Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:43:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 28

Your husband will need to register for Self Assessment as he is self-employed.  

He can register at:

Register for Self Assessment 

He will need to declare any income arising from the date he arrived in the UK.  This includes all sources of income outside the UK.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.