Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 08:35:01 GMT by kyuk
While attempting to fill in the Self assessment form I found out that the date of birth on file is incorrect and that I am on or over state pension age. I wonder if someone is now cashing in on 'my' state pension? I was born abroad and therefor won't be able to get hold of a birth certificate fast. Would sending in my passport suffice to change my date of birth? The date on it is, after all, based on the original birth certificate I imagine. Or alternatively, would HMRC be able to sync my date of birth with the details of my National Insurance or with DVLA? Kind regards KYUK
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:47:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
In order to update your date of birth you need to write to: PT Operations North East England, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AN.
You need to include your full name and address including post code, your National Insurance Number and evidence of your date of birth.
We can only accept an original document or a certified copy.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.