Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 21 Sep 2022 13:37:33 GMT by Rparkersynx
I have subscribed and registered for the CDS system at the beginning of September and received the confirmation from HMRC. I have been able to assign CDS access to other members of my organisation so would appear I do have access to it. Unfortunately I do not seem to have access to it on the main screen in the Government gateway, nor do I seem to be able to add it as a service. Also struggling to find a contact within HMRC to be able to resolve this issue. Has anyone had anything similar?
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 08:58:39 GMT by GT1874
Yes, we've been having similar issues as well, when we were first granted access to CDS in the Government Gateway the option for CDS was there and we were able to select it and were able to give access to other users But after logging out and logging back in again, there option for CDS is no longer there, the only options are Alcohol and Tobacco warehousing declarations, Duty Deferment Electronic Statements and EMCS The Government Gate does show we have CDS access, but we have no way of accessing it
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:03:21 GMT by L Kirby
I queried this myself and was told you cannot access it this way which is completely illogical. Select Subscribe to CDS and then select 'Get your Postponed VAT statement' once logged in you will see the option at the top of the page to 'View your customs financial accounts' and should be able to get in. This is the only way I can access our CDS account for authorisations etc.
Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 13:59:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Rparkersynx, 

Use this link to confirm your details for CDS. 

Customs Declaration Service

Any issues click the "Is this page not working properly" link and report the issue. 

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.