Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 02:15:40 GMT by
We've received a request for address proof in order to keep our XI EORI number. The request is a bit unclear as we can either prove that we have a permanent establishment in NI, or that we have another valid reason to keep the XI EORI. Our proof was not accepted. We don't have a PE in NI. We are a company registered in England and use a fulfillment centre in NI. We import goods from China to NI. In order to import from China to NI we have used the XI EORI number. The only proof we have is a contract and/or invoice from our fulfilment centre operator, and these are not listed as valid proof of the NI address. Are we allowed to keep the XI EORI number ? If not, how can we continue to use our NI fulfillment centre?
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 14:04:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The Letter you have received requires you to reply back to HMRC only to supply evidence of Premanent Business Establishment
or confirm if you still need the XI EORI. 

Follow the instructions and read the guidance on the letter regarding TSS. Follow the links to complete the form before the date given .

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 14:16:40 GMT by
Thanks, I have done this already, and got a reply that our proof was not accepted. And we will lose our XI EORI in 6 weeks if we don't submit new proof. The online form asks us to select options(s) of why we need a XI EORI. Which one is the correct for importing from China into NI? Last time I selected "Make customs declarations for transit or temporary admission" and "Entry or exit summary declarations" I'm not sure if it's correct with "transit"? The form says: Select at least one. Make customs declarations for transit or temporary admission Apply for customs decisions Entry or exit summary declarations Get a guarantee for temporary admission or a re-export declaration Temporary storage declarations Act as a carrier to transport goods by sea, air or inland waterways Act as a carrier so you can receive notifications and declarations via a direct online connection to the customs system Make a declaration under the Transit procedure as a Pre-departure declaration or instead of an entry summary declaration
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 07:03:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If your company does any of the following they should ask to keep their XI Make customs declarations for transit or temporary admission
Apply for customs decisions
Entry or Exit summary declaration (for Safety & Security)
Temporary storage declarations
Get a guarantee for temporary admission or a re-export declaration
Act as carrier to transport goods by sea, air or inland waterways
Act as a carrier to receive notifications and declarations via a direct online connection to the customs system
Make a declaration under the transit procedure as a pre-departure declaration or instead of an entry summary declaration 
www.gov.uk/confirm-xi-eori   
for movements into Northern Ireland they can continue to use the Trader Support Service (TSS) to act on their behalf.
more information on the service provided by TSS and how to register can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/trader-support-service .

Thank you. .                                                        
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 07:33:33 GMT by
We receive packages in NI sent with Fedex, so they are the ones doing the import on our behalf. They use our XI EORI. I don't which one I should chose in the list, can anybody give me a hint?
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 13:16:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If your company does any of the following they should ask to keep their XI Make customs declarations for transit or temporary admission
Apply for customs decisions
Entry or Exit summary declaration (for Safety & Security)
Temporary storage declarations
Get a guarantee for temporary admission or a re-export declaration
Act as carrier to transport goods by sea, air or inland waterways
Act as a carrier to receive notifications and declarations via a direct online connection to the customs system
Make a declaration under the transit procedure as a pre-departure declaration or instead of an entry summary declaration :               
Tell HMRC if you still need your EORI number starting XI                                                                                                          
For movements into Northern Ireland they can continue to use the Trader Support Service (TSS) to act on their behalf.
More information on the service provided by TSS and how to register can be found at :
Thankyou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.