Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Dec 2022 01:22:37 GMT by marky1989
Hi, I am trying to fill out my self-assessment but not sure what bits I need to fill in. In January this year I started to receive foreign income from a video games company located abroad, as some digital content I have made is included in one of their games. This comes into my Paypal account each month as USD. I guess this would be royalties? Would this be entered into the foreign income section of the self-assesment, or under another section? If it goes into the foreign income section which option do I select from the "Which of the following types of income or gain did you receive from overseas sources?" question? Thanks
Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 15:37:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please see guidance at :
Tax on foreign income
Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 18:50:08 GMT by marky1989
Thanks, But I have already read the guidance and am still confused what section to put the income into, Would it go under Foreign income, or other UK income? Thanks
Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 13:09:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please enter details of your overseas royalties in the Foreign pages of your your return, under the sub-heading 'Overseas pensions, social security benefits and royalties'.      

Foreign notes (page FN8)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.