Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 May 2023 19:54:40 GMT by Tania Sanchez
Hi, I live in the EU and work in the EU since 2018. I get rental income in the UK and I do my self assessment every year. I have a mortgage in the UK and I am thinking of paying extra using my foreign earnings. Would I need to declare the money I transfer to the UK from the EU in my self assessment? Will I get taxed in the UK even though I was taxed already in the country where I earned it as income tax? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 15 May 2023 13:57:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

No, as you are not resident in the UK, you are not taxable on your EU earnings in the UK. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.