Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 16 Mar 2023 04:48:05 GMT by Mark M
I left the UK permanently at start of September. I qualify for Split Year treatment from what I believe from reading the cases. HOWEVER, it only talks about working overseas, but doesn't clarify for whom. In my case I am working and living overseas, but for my previous UK employer and until March I was still paid to my GBP bank account. So does that mean I: - Am Tax resident until I left - Am Tax non-resident from day I left Either way I know I still pay UK tax on all of my income from the UK company
Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:04:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mark M,

Please see additional guidance to help you confirm your residence at:

Tax on foreign income

Tax on your UK income if you live abroad

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.