Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 18:26:59 GMT by sheepsheep17 Lau
My husband arrived UK from HK and rented a house on 20 Jan 2021, both of us signed the rental contract even though I was still staying in HK. I arrived UK on 12 Nov 2021. I'm self -employed in HK and still have income from HK in 2021-2022 tax year. But I don't have UK job. Is Split year treatment apply to my case? starting from the date I arrived UK on 12 Nov, 2021?
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 12:33:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

That is for you to decide.

Please refer to guidance at:

RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.