Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 01:31:35 GMT by
Dear HMRC Support, I am writing to seek clarification regarding an issue encountered by my wife, while trying to access the HMRC App. Cathy recently applied for a National Insurance number and is currently awaiting the letter from the government. In the meantime, while attempting to log into the HMRC App, she selected the 'forgotten' option for the NI number. Upon reaching the identity verification stage and entering our current postcode, the system displayed a mismatch with the recorded details I would greatly appreciate your assistance in understanding the reason for this discrepancy and any possible solutions. Furthermore, our primary concern is not receiving her NI number by the self-assessment deadline on October 5th. Given the current challenges we're facing with accessing the HMRC App and the delay in receiving the NI number, we're anxious about potential complications. Could you please advise on how we can proceed under these circumstances? Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We look forward to a resolution and guidance.
Posted Thu, 12 Oct 2023 09:23:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi cwpjack,

You would need to contact our helpdesk for advise. Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.