Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 25 Jul 2023 16:09:00 GMT by ezhilebinezer
Im self employed and work from home in the UK. One of my client is from outside the UK. I invoice them in USD but i receive my payments directly to UK bank account in GBP. Do I need to declare this as foreign income or can I file it normally?
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 13:24:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi ezhilebinezer,

If no foreign tax has been deducted you will just include this in with your self employment as normal.
If it has been deducted, you include it on the foreign page to claim the tax credit but still include it within the self employed income (this doesnt double up the income).

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.