Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 09:31:23 GMT by SK L
I am receiving monthly pension income in Hong Kong and according to the Double Taxation Agreement between the UK and HK it appears that this income is not taxable in the UK. Do I need to declare this in my self assessment? because if I declare this, the system automatically assumes and calculates it as UK taxable and there is no option to declare a relief under the Double Taxation Agreement
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 11:46:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You dont declare it as part of the foreign page. you would sdd it at additional information and state that it is tax exempt under article 17 of the DTA with Hong Kong.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 12:20:56 GMT by SK L
Thank you very much. Is this the text box called "Any other information (Page 2 of 2)" at the end of the tax return?
Posted Thu, 15 Jun 2023 14:40:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi SK L,
Yes, that is the right box. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.