Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Mar 2023 09:27:56 GMT by Philip T
Hello, I have just realised that my workplace pension works on a 'Relief at source' basis. As a higher rate tax payer I should have claimed the extra tax relief in my self assessments but did not realise I had to do this at the time. How can I claim the tax relief for pension contributions for previous tax years? I can't see where on the self assessment form I should do this? Please note I am not talking about carrying forward unused annual allowance. Kind regards,
Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 07:04:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Philip T,

You will need to write in and give details of the amounts for each year so that this can be reviewed.

If looking to claim for 2018, you will need to ensure your claim is received before 05/04/22.

Later years is OK to be received after this date.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.