Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Jun 2023 20:43:56 GMT by Francesco Pica
Hi, I'd like some support please. I generally don't complete a self assessment as I am employed and pay tax via PAYE. I will need to fill a return this year as I have been claiming child benefit and I earn over the £50K limit. Do I need to also fill out the UK interest and dividends section? I have earned some interest via my savings account and investments but well below the allowance. Thanks
Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 16:56:30 GMT by sportyfae
Yes, you declare all taxable income on a Self Assessment return. There are no separate allowances for interest or dividends. There are some 0% tax rates so your interest and any dividends may get taxed at 0% but it still forms part of your adjusted net income and it's this which determines any High Income Child Benefit Charge due.
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 16:37:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Francesco Pica
The return is a declaration of all your income so the interest and dividends still need to be declared.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.