Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 Mar 2023 15:46:00 GMT by nathanrox ROXBROUGH
I have today received a letter dated 14/2/2023 (which seems to have taken 1 month to arrive?) it states im being fined £100 for not submitting a tax return. I informed you on 31/10/22 that I never went self employed (there is a record of this in my hmrc online account). I obtained a UTR number but never started the self employed position. I have been holding for over 60 minutes on the phone and nobody is answering. please help...
Posted Mon, 20 Mar 2023 15:12:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

You will need to contact HMRC Self Assessment helpline to advise that you contacted HMRC about not starting Self Assessment. 

Self Assessment: general enquiries            .  

If we are able to withdraw the tax return, we will cancel the penalty.   

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.