Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 08 Jan 2023 17:14:42 GMT by Danny LEUNG
Hi I am a retiree from Hong Kong and receive monthly pension from the Hong Kong government. I mistakenly filed my Hong Kong pension income in the last Self Tax assessment form and receive a formal Self Tax Statement from the HMRC including the tax charged for this Hong Kong Pension income. I just note that this pension income is not required to declare in my self-tax assessment form. The payment is not due at this stage. Please advise what can I do in rectifying this mistake? Thanks 
Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 14:33:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If you filed the return online, you can go back in an amend it.

If filed by paper you must send the amendment in writing to

PAYE & Self Assessment
BX9 1AS.

Please ensure your National Insurance number is provided.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 19:13:50 GMT by Danny LEUNG
Thanks for your reply. Danny LEUNG

You must be signed in to post in this forum.