Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Nov 2022 08:57:05 GMT by Giulia Pedrazzi
Hi, I left my previous job and now I am working online giving language lessons. I don't have any payslips, I only get paid directly from the platforms, the students or charity organizations. Do I need to register as self-employed or do I simply complete a self-assessment when the time comes? Mine is not a Company or a Business, it's just me providing services. Thanks for clarifying. Giulia
Posted Mon, 07 Nov 2022 13:36:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You would need to register as a sole trader.

You can see guidance regarding the trading allowance and when you need to inform HMRC here:

Tax-free allowances on property and trading income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.