Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 16:44:56 GMT by Kspang
I relocated from Hong Kong and have less than 100 pounds interest from Hong Kong bank saving account last year. I have less than 5000pounds interest from UK bank and I have no other income. Do I need to file the self assessment return?
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 10:05:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If there was no tax deducted on the interest in Hong Kong, and you have no other self assessment criteria, no.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.