Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 19 Jan 2023 06:35:17 GMT by ZedZee
Hi! I live and work in the UK from my bedroom. I do online work involving gaming. My boss is in Brazil but sends me money from his US company through Payoneer which I then transfer to my personal bank account. Seeming that I'm in the UK, do my work in the UK, do I need to tick that it's foreign income?
Posted Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:58:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

As a self employed individual resident in the UK and earning income from overseas, you should declare your income in the Self Employed pages of a self assessment tax return. If any foreign tax has been deducted from your overseas earnings, you can claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief in the Foreign pages of your tax return. See guidance in links below:                              

Working for yourself                                            

Relief for Foreign Tax Paid 2021 (HS263)

Thank you.                                

You must be signed in to post in this forum.