Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Nov 2022 17:28:12 GMT by tk7
Dear Sir, I would be really grateful for clarification on the following query. I am a Tax Resident Domiciled in the UK. I also have dual citizenship in India where I have a bank account. I have a property in India that gives me rental income, which is paid into my bank account in India. I do not bring any of that money into the UK. I use the money to help my mother who lives in India. If I do not remit the income to the UK (by transferring the income to a UK bank account), is a self assessment tax return still required to declare this foreign income? If at all possible, could you point me to any written guidance on this particular situation please. Thank you. Yours faithfully TKK
Posted Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:32:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

This depends on your domicile status.

You can find further guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.