Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:20:43 GMT by E
Hi, I know I can claim this by selecting OTH in the "If you are making any claims or elections, select the relevant code" box in the SA and add the relevant documents. The question I have, do I need to put in any other box in the SA the amount I'm relieving? For instance, after filling the SA and doing the calculations I get that the CTG are £1,000. That's exactly the same amount I can use for the relief, but I haven't added that £1,000 in any box in the SA. Will that relief be recalculated after someone verifies the SA and it will become £0, supposing everything is correct, or should I expect the SA calculations to state that CTG are £0, and therefore, I missed something filling the SA? Thank you I
Posted Tue, 19 Apr 2022 13:41:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

You should reduce the relevant gain by the deferred amount.

So if the gain was £1000 and you claimed £1000 deferral relief, the gain figure recorded on the return should be nil not £1000.

Therefore you  will need to amend the tax return.

The Self assessment return will not be automatically adjusted.



You must be signed in to post in this forum.