Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 10:07:05 GMT by Roman Korshunov
Hello, My wife wants to become self-employed (sole trader) and doesn't clearly understand if she is allowed to start her business without registering with HMRC and getting UTR beforehand. If she needs to register, where can she find the right link to do so? She does have an NI number. Couldn't find an HMRC registration link here: Thank you, 
Posted Tue, 04 Oct 2022 07:50:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can register before, when you register you tell us the date the self employment started.

You can register here:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.