Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 May 2023 23:10:24 GMT by JamesM
I'm a UK national and resident working as a freelance artist for a US company. I am paid in GBP via a bank transfer and do *not* pay US tax on my income there. While filling out my self-assessment, I am unsure how this would be classed in the foreign income section. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Mon, 15 May 2023 12:16:12 GMT by JamesM
This is my first time filling out a self-assessment, so even a point in the right direction would be very helpful!
Posted Tue, 16 May 2023 09:11:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You will declare this as self employed income.

Thank you
Posted Tue, 16 May 2023 17:25:35 GMT by JamesM
Sorry to be a pain! With that response and after looking into some similar questions, am I right in understanding that this *wouldn't* be declared as foreign income, if I haven't paid any foreign tax? Instead I would just declare this just as self employed income per normal?
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 13:44:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

That is correct.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.